The financial statements of Self Managed Superannuation Funds must be audited each year, before the Fund’s tax return can be lodged with the Australian Taxation Office, so we require the following information:
If you are a new client:
- Superannuation Fund Deed
- Minute Book and Member’s Register
- Investment Strategy document
- Financial statements and tax return for the prior financial year
- Purchase dates of all Fund investments/assets for capital gains tax purposes
- Documentation for any members receiving a pension from the Fund
Bank statements for the full financial year 1 July to 30 June with the details of all deposits and withdrawals. You can do this by either:
- Writing information on the bank statements next to the transaction (if it is not already detailed by the bank).
- Providing us with a list of the transactions.
- Providing us with the Fund’s cheque and deposit book butts.
- Providing us with a paper or backup electronic copy of a computerised bookkeeping program.
All documents for the full financial year 1 July to 30 June:
- Term deposit certificates and interest payment statements
- Share dividend statements and holding statements
- Unit Trust distribution statements, holding statements and annual taxation statement
- Managed Fund transaction statements and annual taxation statement
- Buy/sell contracts for shares and unit trusts
- Payment advices and any letters or documentation regarding capital transactions for shares and unit trusts e.g. demergers, rights issues, compulsory acquisitions, share buy-backs and liquidations
- Documentation for any other investments/assets (e.g. property) purchased or sold or any other investment income received.
If employer contributions have been paid into the Fund, please advise which member they are for and the employer’s name, ABN and contact details for confirmation.
If personal contributions have been paid into the Fund, please advise which member they are for and if the member is going to claim a tax deduction for their contributions.
If ATO co-contributions have been paid into the Fund, please advise which member they are for.
Rollover Benefits Statements for any rollovers into or out of the Fund for members.
Invoices for any expenses incurred by the Fund for the full financial year 1 July to 30 June. Please advise us if any expenses were paid by the trustees/members on behalf of the Fund (not from the Fund’s bank account).
Life insurance premium letters/invoices.